|Time||Mon. 4:00 PM PST
|Season Series||(09/10) 1-0 Canucks
|| 6-2 Canucks Jan. 16/10)
|The Enemy||Pensburgh||Scoring Leaders|| D Sedin: 12-11-23 Crosby: 12-16-28
||< Road Record / Home Record >
||Goals For / Against +/-||+6
|3.18 (5) -
||Goals Per Game||3.0 (8)
|2.41 (8) v
||Least Goals Against Per Game||2.74 (14)
|1.00 (15) v
||5 On 5 GF/GA||1.09 (14)
|29.2 (2) -
||Power Play %
|86.2 (7) ^
||Penalty Kill %
|31.9 (11) v
||Shots Per Game||31.5 (12)
|31.2 (20) v
||Least Shots Against Per Game||26.6 (1)
|80.0 (10) v
||Winning % When Scoring First||71.4 (14)
|87.5 (10) v
||Winning % When Leading After 1||50.0 (25)
|28.6 (15) v
||Winning % When Trailing After 1||33.3 (11)
|85.7 (19) -
||Winning % When Leading After 2||83.3 (22)
||Winning % When Trailing After 2||0
|44.4 (17) v
||Winning % When Outshooting
|83.3 (3) -
||Winning % When Outshot
|56.3 (1) -
||Faceoffs %||51.3 (10)
|13.6 (13) ^
||Least PIM's Per Game||16.7 (23)
- A Penguins fan's look at the difference between players' performance in front of Marc-Andre Fleury as opposed to Brent Johnson.
- Sidney Crosby continuing his scoring ways.
- The Canucks have to shadow Crosby, Malkin and Letang.
- You know the Penguins are missing this guy. I can't say I feel bad for them.
- Since 2003, the Canucks are 4-0-1 overall against the Penguins including a 2-0-0 record in Pittsburgh. Yeah, these teams don't play eachother all that often.
- The Canucks are 9-11-5 on the last games of road trips that are at least 3 games in duration. Just a funky stat to digest/sweat over.
- Dan Hamhuis rested his foot on Tuesday but will play vs Pitts. Speaking of Hamhuis...this writer thinks it was well worth it for the Pens to send a 3rd round pick Philadelphia's way for the negotiating rights to Hammer prior to July 1st. He makes a good point.
- "What we'd like to see from him is, obviously, [is his] mobility, but [also] that intensity, that grit, that heart, good gap, really assertive on the ice. That's what we're expecting from Keith." -Alain Vigneault after deciding Ballard will play against Pittsburgh. The Penguins game is going to be a physical affair. Being the bitter jackass that I am, I hope somebody runs Malkin. I hope they bang the bastard around all night. Speaking of that....
Ballard makes Crosby and Malkin his bitches:
The slaughter of the Pens' 3rd string goalie:
Crosby vs Luongo, December 8, 2007
You're gonna get yours, Malkin, you dirty maggot!
GO CANUCKS! Finish this road trip in style!