"I blocked a shot, it was bouncing in front of me, I had a guy on my back and just tried to clear it to the side," Dan Hamhuis said. "I don’t know what happened. It was a tough spot. Puck bouncing off my chest, and I really had no time. I just tried to clear it out of there but the puck ended up going to their guy." -Vancouver Sun
Amazing how quickly the puck can end up in the back of your net after a mistake. That overtime was intense. Both teams decided to take turns with odd man rushes and Tyler Myers capitalizes on Hammer's giveaway to give the Sabres a 4-3 OT win. Hammer's had it worse. Oh yes, in the 2004 Playoffs. I'm so mean. Seriously though, he's been great for us.
- The Canucks still have not won in Buffalo since February 2003.
- The Sabres outshot the Canucks 7-2 in overtime
- Both teams fired 39 shots at the opposing goaltenders
- The Canucks killed all 5 Sabres' power plays, and went 2 for 5 on the PP themselves. They are quickly moving up the charts in the PK category.
- I want to curse Henrik Sedin for not shooting more and coughing the puck up repeatedly, but he had 3 assists. Geez, he could have had more points than that. Still, he needs to shoot more! Right? Did you know he had 5 shots tonight? Wouldn't have thought it. So did Manny Malhotra.
- Over 27 minutes played by Alexander Edler and a PPG to boot. He has 2 goals and 13 points in 17 games this season. Wow!
- According to Team 1040, Andrew Alberts only played 1 shift in the 3rd period. He finished with 11:09 ice time and a -3. That's the second bad game for Alberts on this road trip. It may be a safe bet that Keith Ballard will take Alberts' spot on Wednesday against the Penguins.
Cory Schneider...finally comes down to earth a bit with his performance, but he played quite well despite that. He wasn't getting much help in front of him tonight.
- Thomas Vanek and Derek Roy each had 2 assists and were a combined +6.
- In the Canucks' last 4 games, the only dude from line 3 who has a point is Jannik Hansen (1 assist). Talk about streaky. But that is about what we can expect from them.
- I like the Canucks' ability to make all these comebacks, but they really need to tidy up and take control of games.
- BOXSCORE and HIGHLIGHTS