Well, the Canucks are still out east, visiting the Buffalo Sabres tonight. As Sean said in the preview, Buffalo is our expansion cousins, having also joined the league in 1970. Their playoff history has some similarities to ours (no Cups, 2 Cup Finals appearances), but they have a few more appearances than we do in the 1st and 2nd rounds. This year, however, they have had a much rougher start than we had, even triggering talk that head coach Lindy Ruff was heading out the door. However, having a 3-0-1 record over their last 4 games, they're starting to pull it back together. The Canucks will have to stall that process for one game tonight, though.
Links after the jump.
(PS: I'm sorry, I couldn't resist the Patrick Kane joke for the title. Come on, it happened in his hometown of Buffalo!)
- Added (2:54 pm): Sports Science answers the question of whether or not it's actually worth it to put sumo wrestlers in net. (h/t Yankee)
- Canucks.com preview of tonight's game.
Last night's scores, and today's schedule. Um, yeah, the Oilers have problems.
Conference standings. I think we're getting closer to what we were expecting the standings to look like.
- Islanders head coach Scott Gordon has been dismissed from his coaching duties. New York is calling up Jack Capuano from AHL affiliate Bridgeport to fill in.
Puck Daddy has full analysis on the Colin Campbell exposed emails situation.
- NHL's 3 stars of the last week were Carey Price, Sidney Crosby and Alexander Semin.
- Oh look, we're at the top of power rankings again. TSN has us at #3, while ESPN has us at our 2nd week in a row at #4.