Well, I sure didn't see that win coming last night. For this annual Eastern Canada swing, I was expecting the same pattern we had in both 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 seasons: we play bad against the Leafs and barely get the win, play not so good against the Senators, and get shut out by the Canadiens. Well, the Habs shut us out again, as I expected, but the Canucks turned the tables on me for the Sens game. Not that I'm sad about being wrong, it was just a very pleasant surprise for me that we won 6-2. Now, let's see what the Canucks have in store tomorrow night against the Maple Leafs on the CBC's nationwide stage.
Links after the jump.
- Canucks.com recap of last night's game.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. TSN will have the Coyotes-Flames game at 6:00 this evening if anyone's interested.
- Flames forward Brett Sutter was arrested and charged for assault in an Arizona bar last night.
- Blues have signed David Backes to a 5-year contract extension worth about $22.5M. Kelly should be happy with that.
- Some pictures from Day 5 of the road trip. A cameo from Michael Ignatieff (federal politician) at the Remembrance Day ceremony they went to.
- Get to know a little more about Manny Malholtra.
The ASG fan ballot gimick opens Monday for voting. Among the 100 players on the ballot are Roberto Luongo, Dan Hamhuis, Daniel Sedin and Henrik Sedin. Added: Puck Daddy has analysis, and explains that this ballot is just for the starting lineups.
- Down on the farms, the Moose host the Rochester Americans tonight, while Victoria visits the Las Vegas Wranglers.
- Finally, in preparation for tomorrow night's game, be sure to visit Pension Plan Puppets, SBNation's home for the Maple Leafs. Play nice, though, these people are really cool (despite their current depression).
- Added: After a girl vandalizes the bathroom in the Boston area and posts the video online, the Bruins make a new bear video to discourage future incidents.