Lest we forget. (via www.deepblue.uk.net)
Today is a day where many people will pause and remember the soldiers who have fought and died for their country's freedom. I know this is a hockey blog, but since we are all part of this world, I think it's appropriate to mention that we probably wouldn't all be blogging here today if those soldiers weren't there for us years ago. A quote from King Theoden in Return of the King comes to mind: "Tonight, we remember those who gave their blood to defend this country. Hail the victorious dead." Be sure to take a moment today to remember.
Okay, back to hockey now. The Canucks are in the nation's capital today to play the Senators. Being shut out by the Canadiens was not fun, and hopefully our boys get back in gear tonight. Game starts at 4:30 pm PST (notice the early Eastern time zone start) on Sportsnet Vancouver.
Links after the jump.
- Quick NM programming note: nucksandpucks has been able to also set up an EA NHL11 tournament on PS3. Refer back to his original post for information.
- Last night's scores, and today's schedule. The Blues crashed last night, falling 8-1 to the Blue Jackets.
- Conference standings. We're catching up to the conference leaders....
- Marian Gaborik is making his return to the Rangers lineup today.
- Puck Daddy has likes and dislikes about this new ASG format.
- Jeff Vinnick has been taking lots of pics on the road trip again. Go check them out. Cameos from Daniel Alfredsson and Jarkko Ruutu. (Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4)
- The gap between North American and European styles of playing has narrowed a lot over the last 40 years.