Well, it's October 7th. Fall has come, the leaves are changing, I have a midterm tomorrow morning, what else am I missing..... wait, could it be? Yes, it is: THE NHL REGULAR SEASON STARTS TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nothing else to say for a pre-amble. Links after the jump.
- UPDATE (11:48): You gotta see the latest StraightJab comic/piece of art by Ken Henderson.
- UPDATE (11:02): In the "yawn" department, yesterday EA Sports released the results of their annual simulation for the upcoming season on NHL 11. The Cup winners? The Canucks. We should care about this stuff because the simulation predicted the Blackhawks to win it all correctly last season (cue sarcasm). Just to give you an idea of how silly this is (yet amusing), I did a simulation with all the current rosters up to date and the Los Angeles Kings won the Stanley Cup. So there. They beat the Canucks in the semi-Finals. All you superstitious people feeling any better yet?
- UPDATE (10:58 AM): The Canucks are expected to announce the new team captain on Friday. Good thing I held off on buying my Hank jersey. It's going to have a C on it pretty quick.
- SBNation has your guide on what games to watch for the opening weekend.
- Hey look, another team on the captaincy bandwagon! Jumbo Joe Thornton has been named the new captain of the Sharks. Dan Boyle, Patrick Marleau and Ryane Clowe will serve as alternates.
- CanucksTV gets a 1-on-1 interview with Alexandre Bolduc.
- Meanwhile, as was mentioned last night, Puck Daddy gets to interview Mason Raymond.
- Scott Arniel has had quite a climb to the NHL over the last 10 years.
- Turning NHL superstars into comic superheroes?
- Today's schedule. CBC and Versus both have double-headers tonight. Up north, we can see Maple Leafs vs Canadiens, followed by the ever-so-crappy Battle of Alberta. Yankee already has an open thread up.