Well, that was a much better game last night. Roberto Luongo had a very good rebound game last night, stopping 31 on 32 Chicago shots in an effort that forced a shootout. Unfortunately, Marty Turco let in 1 less shot than Luie in the skills competition, so the Blackhawks took the 2-1 win. However, the big thing here is that, except for the shootout, Luongo was back on his A-game. If he can keep that up, then all the Canucks need to work on is healing the defense, getting the offense going, and maybe work a little on that shootout thingy.
Links after the jump.
- Canucks.com game recap.
- Last night's scores, and today's games. A whopping 11 games today, including the Maple Leafs hosting the Rangers at 4:00 pm PDT on TSN.
- (Added): Justin Bourne at Puck Daddy keeps the hits coming and this time talks about why players should not have to tolerate fan abuse.
- Steven Stamkos vs John Tavares? Oh my, someone pinch me.
- Devils would like to get their butts in gear, and they're counting on the history of success Martin Brodeur has at the Bell Center.
- Drew Doughty left last night's game with an upper-body injury, and will not join the Kings on the first part of their road trip.
- The Ducks take on the Flyers today, and Earl Sleek has a brilliant preview. (h/t Sean)
- Oh great, now people are thinking the Canucks have problems.....
- Down on the farm, the Manitoba Moose host the Hamilton Bulldogs tonight. The Bulldogs, AHL affiliate to the Canadiens, eliminated the Moose from the playoffs last year.