|Time||Wed, 6:00 PM PST
|Season Series||(09/10) 2-2
||Last Meeting (Reg. Season)
6-3 Blackhawks (Mar.05/10)
|The Enemy||Second City Hockey||Scoring Leaders|| Sedins: 9 points, Hossa: 7-4-11
|2.33 (21st) v
||Goals Per Game||3.29 (6th)
|2.83 (18) v
||Least Goals Against Per Game||2.86 (19)
|0.73 (23) v
||5 On 5 GF/GA||0.93 (17)
|25.0 (6) v
||Power Play %
|78.6 (22) v
||Penalty Kill %
|29.8 (21) v
||Shots Per Game||30.7(15)
|30.3 (16) ^
||Least Shots Against Per Game||33.7 (22)
||Winning % When Scoring First||.500
||Winning % When Leading After 1||.500
||Winning % When Trailing After 1||.667
||Winning % When Leading After 2||.667
||Winning % When Trailing After2||.667
|57.5 (1) ^
||Faceoffs %||49.8 (17)
|17.8 (27) v
||Least PIM's Per Game||11.6 (8)
|-3 (23) v
||+ / - GF/GA (see here)
- Apologies for the tardiness of the preview. I have been sick as hell. On the up and up though.
- Dan Hamhuis will be a game time decision. Was he missed last night or what?
- Jeff Tambellini draws in with Rick Rypien out.
- Marian Hossa's 7 goals and 11 points lead the NHL.
- Chicago has won 3 straight.
- Roberto Luongo will start tonight. Thanks to Botchford for doing the math for me: Last season in bounce back games Luongo was 6-1, 2.01 GAA and .929 SV. So, let's not hear any Chelsea's Dagger tonight.
- Henrik Sedin on his team:
"I think it's good for us to play them (tonight)," he said. "We need to get back to playing a simplified game. That's the key. When guys aren't scoring they tend to try too much and you need to simplify the game, you have to take care of your own net first and that's where we have to start (tonight)." (Vancouver Sun)
- Crazy fact from the Canucks.com preview: 7 players that took part in Vancouver's last playoff game versus Chicago who are no longer with the organization: Ryan Johnson, Steve Bernier, Pavol Demitra, Michael Grabner, Shane O'Brien and Andrew Raycroft. That number for Chicago: 9: Brent Sopel, John Madden, Andrew Ladd, Kris Versteeg, Dustin Byfuglien, Adam Burish, Ben Eager, Antti Niemi, and Cristobal Huet.
- New faces in Chi-Town: Nick Boynton, Marty Turco, Viktor Stalberg, Fernando Pisani and a new meathead named John Scott.
- Video Time!
Yeah, great defence, Vancouver. Fucking lousy.
Pretty much what started the war: