That was a bad game last night. Normally, I would just leave it at that, but I can pinpoint a few things that went bad. First of all, the 2nd line needs to get their stuff together. Ryan Kesler and Mason Raymond may be flying around the ice, but it takes more than that to score goals. Secondly, on a similar note, there was a huge lack of finish on the 39 shots on goal we got on Jonas Hiller. Third, huge lack of smooth play. There were so many turnovers that could've screwed us over if the Ducks were playing like they were the Blackhawks. Seriously, we gave this bottom-dwelling team a win. We can't wait for Alexandre Burrows to get back, we need some improvement right now. A good place to start is tomorrow night against the Kings.
Links after the jump.
- Last night's scores, and today's games.
- Derek Jory got a chance to cover a game from in that box between the benches.
- Simon Gagne returns to Philly for tonight's game against the Flyers, after going to the Lightning over the summer.
- Despite the Maple Leafs having a 3-0-0 start for the first time in several years, Pierre LeBrun warns their fans to not get carried away in their happiness.
- From the farm teams: Get to know a little more about Eddie Lack. Also, Bill Sweatt and Lee Sweatt talk about playing together in the AHL. Meanwhile, Victoria announces their official roster for the beginning of their season.
- Added: Aren't the Canadian rivalries fun?