Tonight's recap of the state of the union address comes from the twitter universe and a great deal from Mozy19, aka Rich Loat from the Canucks Hockey Blog who was lucky enough to get there and take it in. He reports the following (in no certain order):
- Gillis made a fat Wellwood joke. AWESOME. Suck it Pudge.
- They have a lot of faith in the prospects he's been rounding up, especially the defensemen.
- If Schneider impresses at camp, he's making the team. There goes the trade rumors for now.
- Naslund's retirement will be honored in some way, though he didn't say a jersey retirement was it (somewhere Zanstorm weeps).
- From January 27th to March 5th they'll be playing be playing road games (the Olympic break is in there too obviously, but plan accordingly).
- Vancouver is still looking to ink a defenseman, presumably to replace Ohlund.
- Scott Arniel re-signs as the coach of the Manitoba Moose.
If I missed anything, chuck it in the comments. Overall, nothing terribly surprising.