As a Leaf Fan in Vancouver (cough), I'm forever defending all things Leaf related from my Toronto-hating coworkers, friends, family, pastor, rabbi and social worker(s). Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Jim Hughson's vocal stylings are seemingly despised by the Leaf faithful as much as the venerable Bob Cole's are by folks out west!
There is only one way to settle this once and for all, a poll pitting the Leaf Nation against the Canuckleheads! Feel free to cheat as much as a habs fan in the voting!
Comparing the Combatants
- That silky, silky voice
- Is a newfie so has "spirit"
- Easily confused, angered by action on the ice
- Occasionally wanders off from the booth at inopportune times
- Can liven up even the most boring game due to experience calling Baseball, Canucks games
- Has the ability to fill in for the colour guy for anything not related to the goaltender due to experience with John Garrett
- Doesn't even bother changing his catchphrase "GREAT SAVE LUONGO!" to fit the team(s) currently on the ice
- Is new and different and hockey fans fear change.