Things you should care about before tonight's game:
- Expect the Demitra/Sundin/Kesler line to stay intact for tonight, freeing up the Sedins to do that cycling/shape shifting thing they do. The three have 15 points (5G, 10A) in just two games playing as a line.
- As Sean alluded to yesterday, expect Pudge to sit again. PIM God O'Brien as well.
- The Blues have their own IR clinic: Eric Brewer (back surgery), Erik Johnson (right knee surgery), Roman Polak (fractured right foot), Paul Kariya (hip surgery), D.J. King (shoulder surgery) and Yan Stastny (broken left thumb).
- It does sound like, after a 36 game absence, they'll get Andy McDonald and his mutant neck back on the ice tonight.
- The last time the media levied a "bottom-feeding" charge against another team the Islanders proceeded to trounce Vancouver. So knock it off damn it.
- The Blues has 16 wins this season when leading after two periods (16-1-1). In contrast, they are 3-16-3 when trailing after two periods. The Canucks has 19 wins when opening the scoring in a game (19-6-6), but are 5-14-2 when allowing their opponents to score first. More numbers can be found here.
- It's a shame we won't have Legace or any of these other guys to kick around. Insert the requisite Cloutier joke right here.