1. HAWKS: Patrick Kane-goal scorer
2. FLYERS: James VanRiemsdyk: power forward. He's Dutch, so he's got to be good!
3. COYOTES: (Gretzky gets his usual major ovation!): Kyle Turris: smaller sized scorer.
4. KINGS: Thomas Hickey. Offensive defenceman. A suprise pick. Hickey was ranked 26th with North American players.
5. CAPITALS: A new Caps uniform! Not a bad throwback! Karl Alzner. A large, solid defenceman.
6. OILERS: Sam Gagner. Playmaker.
7. BLUE JACKETS: Jakub Voracek. Playmaker
8. BRUINS: Cam Neeley makes the pick! Zach Hamill. No relation to Mark Hamill (Luke Skywalker). Playmaking forward. The colors on that new Bruins jersey don't quite add up (the logo with the rest of the jersey, IMO.
-----Blues trade 9th to SJ in exchange for 13th, 44th pick, and a 3rd rounder in 2008. Completes the Toskala deal somehow. Long story.-------
9. SHARKS: Logan Couture. All-round forward.
10. PANTHERS: Keaton Ellerby. Big, mean, physical defenceman.
11. HURRICANES: Brandon Sutter. The 9th Sutter to be drafted. An opportunistic, versatile forward.
---Alexei Cherapanov keeps waiting and waiting to get picked. It seems that GM's are avoiding them because of all the Malkin complications last year, and Russia's refusal to sign the transfer deal.---
12. CANADIENS: Ryan McDonagh. Offensive defenceman.
13. BLUES: Lars Eller. A playmaking forward.
14. AVALANCHE: Kevin Shattenkirk. Offensive defenceman.
15. OILERS (from the Smyth trade): I say Lowe takes Sherepanov... He takes: Alex Plante. Big and powerful defenceman.
---Apparently Dave Nonis was trying hard through Phoenix and Philly to draft top 3 and get perhaps Kyle Turris.---
---Ducks trade #16 pick to Wild for picks #19 and #42.----
16. WILD: Colton Gillies. Son of Clark Gillies. Fast, physical power forward with limited offensive ability.
17. RANGERS: Alexei Cherepanov...finally. His fave player is Jagr. Now they are saying teams were not picking Cherepanov because of his work ethic...sure.
---Flames trade #18 pick to Blues for the #24 and #70 pick.----
18. BLUES: Ian Cole. Big, solid, steady defenceman.
19. DUCKS: Logan MacMillan. A skilled defensive forward.
20. PENGUINS: Angelo Esposito...finally as well. A skilled center. He slid in this draft so much because for one his work ethic was questioned and secondly because his offensive numbers dropped last season.
Esposito was actually expecting to be picked by Montreal, but is happy to be a part of the Pens, playing with Crosby and Malkin. Like Espo said, he will now take it upon himself to prove the naysayers wrong.
---The Coyotes trade the 21st pick to the Oilers for #30 and #36.-----
21. OILERS (their 3rd pick in the first 21 selections): Riley Nash. Another BC guy. Skilled, but not flashy center that is good at both ends of the ice.
22. CANADIENS: Max Pacioretty. Power forward.
That's 6 American players picked in the first 22. Are GM's stupid? I kid.
23. PREDATORS: John Blum. Yankee defenceman. Offensive, mobile.
24. FLAMES: Mikael Backlund. Solid 2-way center.
25. CANUCKS: Please, Nonis, no Europeans! He takes: Patrick White. American. A strong center who will be playing in the NCAA with Minnesota.
Nonis likes his vision and ability to protect the puck.
David Perron. A hard-working skilled winger. Fave player is Kovalev though. So he could be a bum!
27. RED WINGS: Yzerman makes the call: Brendan Smith. A smooth skating and smart defenceman.
---another trade happened (swapping picks but I missed it. ---
28. SHARKS: Nick Petrecki. A mean, physical defenceman.
29. SENATORS: James O'Brien. Defenceman....or forward? Can play both well.
30. COYOTES (from Nagy trade): Nick Ross. A huge, hard-hitting defenceman.
It's drinking time for me! I'm out!!! Hope you enjoy the info!
T Tags: 2007 NHL Entry Draft